• White LinkedIn Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

REGISTER TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN WE LAUNCH

2018 © Common Ground Ltd. All rights reserved.

FIND COMMON GROUND

HOW IT WORKS

JOIN FOR FREE

The Common Ground platform is specifically tailored for academics and research graduates like you and is completely free to use. We provide the information and advice you need to make the leap from academia to private sector technology roles at some of the world's most exciting companies, including the ones you haven't heard of yet.

GET RESOURCES AND INSIGHT

Common Ground provides access to exclusive resources, articles, and videos, created by industry experts and those who have already made the leap from academia, to guide you through the process of positioning yourself for work in industry. Not only that but we give you unique insight into the core values and workplace culture that drives innovation at some of the world's best companies to ensure you find a role that's perfect for you.

CONNECT WITH HIRING MANAGERS

Once you have identified the companies you really want to work for (and not the ones you think you do!), Common Ground connects you directly with the hiring manger to give you the best chance of getting hired.

 
 

DISCOVER GREAT COMPANIES

We partner with some of the world's most exciting and innovative companies looking for smart, talented individuals with your skills and expertise. We provide you with a highly curated and carefully matched range of opportunities tailored specifically for academics ready to make the move to the private sector in areas such as Data Science, Machine Learning and Software Engineering as well as Blockchain, VR and IOT.  Not only that, we give you an inside look at the company's culture and tell the stories of it's people so you can decide for yourself if they match your own personality.

Machine Learning

Data Analytics

Data Visualisation

Internet Of Things

Blockchain

Virtual Reality

JUST A FEW OF THE AWESOME 

COMPANIES WE WORK WITH

 

WE CREATED COMMON GROUND BECAUSE...

Only 15% of PhD graduates go on to a career in academia.  We wish to help the remaining 85% find the best job for them.

We believe the academic community is poorly served by existing job platforms and that individuals have a lot more to offer in industry.

Roles are often only pitched at those already working in industry and seem inaccessible to those leaving academia.

WE ARE A COLLECTIVE OF INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS

We know how daunting it can be to make the move from academia to the private sector. We created Common Ground specifically to make this process easier and more rewarding. Inspired by the experiences of graduates leaving the CERN physics experiment in Geneva, Switzerland, we wanted to harness the talent of those wishing to expand their career horizons.

With Common Ground, we wish to provide you with the support you need to realise your potential, take the leap and enjoy a fulfilling career in the private sector.

I launched Common Ground to address two problems.  Firstly, how can we improve the employability of academics looking for work in the private sector? And secondly, how can we demystify the recruitment process and help them discover more about the many great companies looking for their skills?  

Having built my own career as a professional recruiter, I am passionate about how business can appeal to and retain talented employees.  I am convinced that greater transparency and the ability to convey the personality of an enterprise are what attract great people and build company culture and that technology and digital multimedia offer us an unprecedented opportunity to tell these stories to new audiences and help companies and academics find Common Ground.

JAMES COMMON - FOUNDER